2012 is here! Are you ready for financial freedom discipline? Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Supplies needed: 2-drawer file cabinet, 3-ring binder, dividers w/pockets, marker, shredder, large envelope, notebook paper, and pencil
2. Size things up by setting a spending plan
3. Make a list of creditors, including balances
4. Know your income
5. File and organize all financial paperwork in one central location
6. Schedule time to review financials on a regular basis
7. Open mail immediately, gut and keep only what you need, then file
8. Discard unnecessary 2011 financials (a good shredder is your friend)
9. Tax time is just around the corner – mark large envelope ‘Taxes 2011’ and place inside or near 3-ring binder
Remember…a financial goal is just a wish until it’s written down and steps are followed!
Next month, I will discuss downsizing.
Toni Johnson, the Second Act Organizer, is Savionaire’s organization expert. If you have any issues concerning organization that you would like for her to address in her monthly column, then email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The information provided is based on her personal experience. She is not a financial advisor. Therefore, please seek a professional for financial advice.